This blog is intended to provide timely legal analysis of human rights issues. The focus of this blog is:
- domestic human rights law in Europe,
- constitutional/public/administrative law,
- the ECHR,
- the EU Charter of Rights and Fundamental Freedoms
- the rights of European citizens,
- international human rights law, and
- right to asylum and immigration law.
We hope the blog provides a reasoned, balanced and stimulating discussion of the difficult problems of human rights law.
This blog is edited, and largely written, by Richard A. Edwards FRSA and Dr Noelle Quenivet. Mr Edwards has taught European human rights law for over a decade at UWE Bristol and has published extensively in the field. Dr Quenivet is an international law specialist who undertook internships at the Council of Europe and UNHCR before entering academia. Further information may be found on the Editors page.
Last revised: September 2013.